Are weddings allowed at the moment?
How will coronavirus affect my wedding?
- Venues can only reopen if they can do so safely
- Ceremonies should be kept as short as possible
- No food or drink should be consumed unless it is essential for the ceremony
- Group singing and playing of instruments should be avoided
- A maximum of 30 people should attend, and only where there is space to socially distance. This includes all guests, the officiant and any staff not employed by the venue, like a photographer
- Social distancing of at least one metre between different households should be practised at all times
- The venue should keep a record of visitors for 21 days, in case they need to be traced.
What should I do if I am due to get married soon?
What if I want to cancel?
- A business cancels on you
- Lockdown meant a business couldn’t provide a service
- Lockdown stopped you holding the event